Tuesday 29 January 2008

The Icey's here!

No he's not - as with the mobile ringtone / real life parrot mix up, I'm still experiencing a little local difficulty in forgetting that I'm not in Glasgow. And last night I heard this bing bonging about 7pm and I honestly thought it was the ice cream van! How mad is that? I mean they do have static ice cream vans round here but silly me, I should've known it was the temple starting its nightly service. It's just round the corner and for some reason it all has to be amplified so if you thought you'd have a night in watching Corrie or the SL equivalent (and they are apparently soap mad here), you can forget it because coming live in a living room near you are the latest thoughts of Bhudda. It's quite nice really but was equally nice for a brief moment to think I was back in Glasgow. And of course, when I get home I'll be looking for the temple every time I hear the icey! Such is life.

No comments: