Thursday 31 January 2008

The British Way


Look, just because I'm a nat (member of Scottish National Party for anyone who's just stumbled across this blog) doesn't mean I can't enjoy Britishness. And once we're not officially British anymore, I'll still enjoy it particularly when I hear stories like this one from my friend Mary who's in Colombo. We've been discussing the situation out here and how some organisations are now not sending volunteers to Sri Lanka till things cool down (nobody tell my mum that my timing was, as always, spot on!) when she sent me this email:

"Have you ever heard Jeremy Hardy's story of being picked up by a man from the embassy when he got in to a spot of bother in Israel? The American Embassy sent a fully armed Humvee to collect their people and the British sent a car with a man armed only with driving gloves and then offered a nice cup of tea on arrival at the Embassy."

Don't you just love it?

No comments: