Friday 1 February 2008

Worse than Glasgow buses


The other day when I was going on about how pleased I was to have been able to go out and buy my lunch "all by myself" I must've been feeling brave because I did something else, altogether much braver in my view. I got on a bus! Now I am not a fan of buses at the best of times but this was scary because it was packed. It was packed in a way that if we did it in Glasgow the driver would get sacked. And I've already told you about Sri Lankan driving, it's mad!!! The nicest thing though? An old lady got up to give me her seat. "Why thank you" said I. It was a huge relief to be sitting down I can tell you. Nah, only kidding, I politely refused and profusely thanked. I told Muna who I work with and she said it was because "you are visitor to Sri Lanka". Isn't that really nice? We think we're friendly in Scotland but I'm not sure I've seen that happen terribly often. Correct me if I'm wrong ...

2 comments:

Eric said...

Great to get all your news, Anne. In a few days you'll feel as if you have been there for ages. The problem will be re-adjusting to Scotland. Give my love to M!

Love and best wishes
E
x

Indygal said...

Hi Eric!!

Lovely to hear from you and yes, I will pass on to Mary although she reads this so she may well see it herself.

Hope you're all well in parly land.

A, x