Tuesday 5 February 2008

I knew it'd be the fault of a Glaswegian!

Have just read an email from a friend who was responding to my post comparing Glasgow buses (and drivers) to Sri Lankan ones and he tells me the following:

"In actual fact, many of the Sri Lankan buses, ARE Glasgow buses! Many of the old Leyland buses and Lorries you see in Sri Lanka were made in the old Albion / Leyland plant in Scotstoun."

He then admits that "this comment betrays too much knowledge of vintage commercial vehicles than is healthy!" but isn't it a small world. Maybe I'll feel a bit safer on the buses here in future. Nah, thought about that for a second and I'd say the chances of that are zilch. I will explain later when I tell you about my second bus experience which was not quite as successful!

No comments: