Friday 22 February 2008

The most amazing part of the day


This is how we ended our Poya Day trip. We had visited a turtle sanctuary on the way down and they talked about how they release the babies into the ocean when they are four days old. They said for a donation to their work we could do it for them. So we went back. I was looking forward to it but had no idea just how fantastic it would be. They were all surprised enough to see me touching the babies never mind picking up this big brute :-)


My batteries went in my camera so all Poya Day pics are courtesy of my housemate Donna, as is this video which she couldn't resist playing with. These babies were smaller than our hands and as we guided them into the ocean I couldn't help but worry how they'd do. I was particularly worried about the little one at the end - Tommy his name was. And now I know how my mum feels about me being out here although I reckon my survival chances are a little higher than Tommy's! Enjoy - it was a wonderful experience for us.



No comments: