Thursday 14 February 2008

The Phenomenon that is the Sri Lankan Lunch Packet




In an early post (early - all of 2 weeks ago) I was telling you how brave I felt going out all by myself to buy a Lunch Packet. And I promised to post a photograph. The Lunch Packet is wrapped (as you can see) in a square of greaseproof paper and a square of chip wrapping paper (I refer to posh chippies that don't use the Daily Record and who can blame them?). Anyway, open this seemingly innocuous 35p lunch and it will reveal a full dinner of rice, curry, egg (now that I seem to have become veggie!) and a variety of accompaniments - see other pic. This was my lunch today and just to make you all really jealous, it has ZERO CALORIES. Well it does when half an hour after consuming it, you find yourself emptying it right back out again - involuntarily but gratefully all the same. I realise that's a terrible thing to say and to punish myself I'm now going to go and do 30 lengths at the pool. Ciao for now toute le monde :-)

No comments: