Friday 18 April 2008

In denial as Oprah would say ....

I think I must be in denial because yesterday and today, all I can find are things I won't miss about Sri Lanka. I think my subconscious is trying to kid me on that I want to leave. Yesterday was headbands, and today, it's fans. I mean the kind that blow in your face, not the kind that ask for your autograph! Don't get me wrong, when I am nearly fainting with heat exhaustion, I am very glad of a fan and have been known to get so close to one that it's nearly taken my face off. But you have to have them on all the time and at work, it's a tad difficult to keep your paperwork in order when it's flying all over the office! And the overhead one is on all night. I am quite certain I will not have any use whatsoever for a fan of any description whilst in Glasgow and I can honestly say I will not miss them one bit.

No comments: