Monday 21 April 2008

My last day in the office

So, I'm here, my last day in the job and I'm not sure how I feel. Mainly because I don't have much time to think about it. Rush rush rush as per! Blogs may be few over next week or so because I'll be all over the place. Let me see, I leave Galle at 8am tomorrow, have a meeting in Bentota and arrive in Colombo early afternoon where my lovely friend Louise (who says journalists are all bad?!) is putting me up for the night. I'll be meeting up with the cool city based volunteers that night for a celebration - yes, they see it as cause for celebration!!

On Thursday morning I fly to Singapore where I'm really hoping my cousin Niall remembers to meet me. I mean, I'd cope if he didn't meet me but I hope he remembers I'm staying! My head's spinning a bit to be honest - don't want to leave, don't want to say goodbye to my friends here, can't wait to see everyone at home, think Singapore might be too clean now I'm used to Sri Lanka, the usual kind of things one thinks about. And then of course, I've a 20 hour journey back to Glasgow a week today! Am very excited about coming home. A friend told me that on the first day everything will seem to be in glorious technicolour and then? I'll apparently near freeze to death!

Anyway I will definitely blog before I leave Sri Lanka, definitely be online in Singapore and I'll finish off my blog once I'm home and that will be that! Over and done with. Onto the next chapter. Can't wait!

No comments: