Sunday 20 April 2008

One of the things I WILL miss ...

... is arrak and ginger beer. A very nice drink. We initially couldn't agree if it was rum or whisky and now we know, it's neither. It's made, apparently, from coconut trees. Anyway it's very nice and the ginger beer complements it beautifully. I won't have to miss it at first as I'm bringing some bottles home with me. I just hope it's not one of those drinks that only tastes good when you're in a sunny country far from home. I once brought home an assortment of brightly coloured syrupy alcoholic drinks from Spain. Of course even the sight of them in Glasgow made me feel queasy. Don't think the same will be true of arrak - it's a quality libation and one I'll be very happy to share with my family and friends on my return!

No comments: