Monday 14 April 2008

Nor Lanka - best hotel in Unawatuna


I don’t normally do this on my blog but I have to give credit where credit is due. If ever you should find yourself in Unawatuna, do yourself a favour and book into the Nor Lanka Hotel. From around the equivalent of ten pounds a night you can stay at this peaceful, pretty hotel. The furniture is great quality, food’s lovely, the rooms are spotless, light, bright and airy and the ensuite bathroom is clean as! They have wireless broadband and it’s free. If you don’t have a laptop you can use their computer. They have satellite TV in the main outdoor sitting area.



But more importantly, they are amongst the friendliest, most accommodating people I’ve met out here – and that’s saying something. Helge is a very laid back Norwegian with a dry sense of humour and nothing seems to phase him. Anoma remembers everyone and calls them by their first name. She too has a sense of humour – I’ve stayed at Nor Lanka three times now and on my second visit, she told me she’d put a cockroach in the room especially for me. On Saturday she said shed added a scorpion in for good measure. I said she’d a sense of humour, didn’t say it was a good one! I guess I do seem a tad neurotic when I turn up at a guest house, cockroach spray in hand, asking how many they normally get and what condition the mosquito nets are in!!!

Anyway here I am pictured with the Kallman family – if you go, just mention me and I’m sure they’ll charge you double!

2 comments:

Panduka de Silva said...

Hello! Happened on your interesting blog and read with interest. Please do visit my blog too if time permits.
http://pandukaphoto.blogspot.com/

Indygal said...

Thank you Panduka, I had a look at your photos yesterday and will look more when I get some time. Very nice photographs!