Wednesday 19 March 2008

Whirlwind Romance

I'm having a whirlwind romance with Sri Lanka these days. I'm sad to realise that I've very little time left, in fact I leave 5 weeks tomorrow! And it's got me thinking about all the things I have to do before I go. So I'm very happy that there are some poya days and public holidays this week because myself and three friends are heading off on a whirlwind tour of the country.

Later today I leave for the capital city of Colombo again for a meeting first thing tomorrow morning with an organisation from the Trincomalee District. Once that's over with we're going here to see the elephants. Then we'll head to Kandy for Poya Day - Kandy is full of temples and houses the Sacred Tooth of the Buddha so we're picking the perfect day to go there. I really want to go to the Lake Club and watch the colourful Kandyan dancing with the firewalking finale!

After that we'll head further into the Hill Country, hopefully visit some tea estates and some of the towns and villages along the way where we can indulge in a bit of hillwalking. And finally, we'll end up on safari here at Uda Walawa National Park. That's the plan anyway.

So, I'll be looking for internet cafes but in case I don't get any this may be my last update till next Tuesday. Then, I'm looking forward to making the most of my final month in this amazing country before returning to my own amazing country and equally stunning views.

No comments: